Corporate Social Responsibility
Olympic Entertainment Group AS is a socially responsible Group that stands for transparency of business and high ethical standards, continuously invests in the development of its business, implements necessary measures to prevent money laundering, offers secure services and environment to its clients, and respects their privacy. The Group operates only under the laws established by states and has always been one of the initiators of development of legislation and enactment of necessary regulations. In continuous cooperation with local state authorities, we strive to develop the gaming market according to the highest standards and ensure protection to our clients in cooperation with the regulators of the given field. The Group contributes to the welfare of community by continuously attending charity programmes and supporting athletic, cultural, children’s’ health and welfare. In addition, the Group invests in its employees, supporting their professional and social development.
The Group is committed to the UN Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedom, and does not tolerate corruption in any form. Additionally, the Group is in the process of developing a group-wide policy that will cover the following areas: human rights, human resource management; corruption, environmental and social impact.
In its operations, Olympic Entertainment Group is guided by four main values of the Group:
Passion for service
- We have guests, not customers – we treat our customers like guests in our homes.
- We always try to exceed our guests’ expectations – we love the job, we do more than is expected of us, we support our team and give more than 100%.
- We are champions in what we do – we are proud to offer the best service in the gaming industry, our people are the best and we support their development.
- We always offer the most secure environment – we have a deserved reputation for high security standards and well developed responsible gaming programs.
- We take care of our own – we take responsibility for our own actions and always support our team.
- We are good citizens actively supporting the community through our participation in regular charity programs and deserving causes.
- We communicate with a smile – in addition to our wide choice of games and winning programs, we entertain our customers with a smile on our faces and in our hearts.
- We enjoy every moment – we enjoy working in our teams and with our colleagues, work is play and smiling employees smile to the guests as well.
- We create positive feelings – we share with our guests the joy of winning and we support them if they do not. We try to ensure that spending time with us is always a winning experience.
- We promote initiative – there are always ways to improve our product and our service, we reward initiative and encourage great ideas that will benefit our company, our guests and our staff.
As a responsible company, we are part of society and we behave accordingly in all our business areas. We regularly attend charity programmes and worthy projects and, through this, support social initiatives that make our living environment better. As a socially responsible company, Olympic Entertainment Group allocates a certain part of its budget to charity. The sponsored areas are sports, culture and social affairs. As regards the sports, we support the best known and loved areas of sport. In social fields, we prefer projects related to children; in cultural fields we base our sponsorship on the scope of a particular project.
Charity and support 2018:
Estonian Basketball Association
- Estonian Olympic Committee
- FC Infonet MTÜ support
- Spordiselts MTÜ
- Estonian Paralympic Committee
- Tallinn Jacht club MTÜ
- Nõmme BSC MTÜ
- Hockey club Narva Stars
- Estonian Cultural Capital
- Sports club ALL STARS
- The Estonian National Culture Foundation
- Estonian Football Association
- Latvian Basketball Association
- Society “ESI BRIVS” (be free from addictions)
- Liepaja Diabetes Society
- ‘’Gaudeamus” tournament support
- Society ‘’ Ritentiņš” ( children playground)
- Society " Jauniešu kustībai" (Support youth sports )
- Žalgiris Basketball team support
- Klaipėda Amateur Basketball League support
- Vapasport support
- National Poker Club support
- Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce,
- Industry and Crafts
- Mixed Martial Arts Support
- Public institution "M.A.M.A. Entertainment"
- Jonas Valančiūnas Support Foundation
- Vilnius Sports Bridge Club
- HC Slovan Hockey Club support
- Angels in Motion (HC Slovan Cheerleaders) support
- HC Bratislava Hockey Club support
- Ms HK Zilina hockey club support
- HK Kosice hockey club support
- FC Spartak Trnava football club support
- Košičan roka 2017 charity evening support
- Miss Fodomodella de Europe(Slovakia) support
- Miss Carat Tunning support
- Aelegia Sport Club charity event support
- Marigold Foundation Malta
Olympic Entertainment Group actively involves its employees in carrying out charity events. We have initiated a movement during which we strive to jointly carry out different good acts. For example: blood donation, joint collection of gifts to those in need. It is important that the employees contribute their time and energy, rather than collect only money. Our experience confirms that the time dedicated to and spent with those in need is even more important than money.
Promotion of responsible gaming
Olympic Entertainment Group has actively participated in the committees for drafting gaming legislation in its areas of activity, making proposals for achieving a responsible approach towards gaming. The Group has established the rules of social responsibility that set out requirements for subsidiaries that they are obliged to comply with the statutory requirements and take preventive measures to avoid gaming addiction. The rules also establish requirements for notifying clients of gaming addiction.
In all Group entities, the principles of responsible gaming are adhered to, the examples of which include:
- We act with social awareness – we are proud of our high ethical standards
- We ensure that we continuously develop our industry-specific knowledge
- We are committed to legal and responsible advertising
- We pro-actively enforce effective anti-money laundering measures
- We provide safe, licensed and responsible gaming services
- We rigorously respect customer confidentiality and privacy
- Gaming is entertainment
- We have established visitors’ minimum age and registration
- Clients may apply a voluntary casino access restrictions
- Our staff is trained to be aware of problem gambling
- We offer help against problem gambling
- We collaborate with problem gamblers groups
All our casinos have information materials that call for reasonable gaming and give information as to where help can be received. The Group also collaborates with several psychologists who help problem gamblers.
Hilton Tallinn Park is enrolled in LightStay. This is a Hilton program that aims to monitor environmental performance in terms of energy efficiency and waste usage. Among others this leads to the replacement of usage of hazardous and harmful chemicals with eco-friendly products, partnering with a recycling company for our beverage bottles or pre-sorting and minimizing waste volume. Whenever possible, the hotel aims to use local suppliers for its purchases. Hilton Tallinn Park participates in local Career Fairs organized by the Unemployment Insurance Fund to promote hospitality career opportunities and to help people find suitable jobs. We are in cooperation with Tallinn Childrens’ Home and, amongst others, with Tallinn Service School providing internships. Volunteering in Tallinn Zoo, visiting the Animal Shelter and repairing Kindergarten’s playground are some of the activities our team members were involved recently.
Welfare of employees
The Group has developed a system of additional remuneration for its employees that encourages the team members to continuously improve their performance. Each year, the Group prepares a training plan according to the needs identified during the annual development conversations. Women are not preferred over men and vice versa. Continuous efforts are made to prevent risks in the working environment; also work satisfaction surveys are conducted to improve the welfare of employees. The Group has not implemented a formal diversity policy for management board and senior management level in 2016, but adheres to the principal not to discriminate candidates based on gender or other basis.